Last Updated: March 4, 2017
Acceptance of Terms. By using this website, you hereby agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that are posted on this website. You affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement. If you are not of legal age, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement. Cooper Legal may make changes to this Agreement from time to time and Cooper Legal may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including, but not limited to, posting the revised version(s) of this Agreement on this website. Additionally, Cooper Legal may, at any time, modify or discontinue all or part of this website, or refuse to provide any user with access to this website.
2. Compliance with Laws. Your access of this websites is done AT YOUR OWN RISK, and you are responsible for complying with all local rules, laws, and regulations. This website may be limited, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction that Cooper Legal may choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. WHILE THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE CONCERNS LEGAL ISSUES, IT IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE, NOR SHOULD ANY OF THE INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE BE CONSTRUED AS REPRESENTING ANY OF OUR ATTORNEYS’ AVAILABILITY TO PRACTICE IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE THEY ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO PRACTICE.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE, A SOLICITATION FOR THE FORMATION OF AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY - CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. MOREOVER, NEITHER RECEIPT OF INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE NOR ANY EMAIL OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION SENT THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. FURTHER, ANY SUCH EMAIL OR COMMUNICATION WILL NOT BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL.
NO USER OF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD ACT OR REFRAIN FROM ACTING ON THE BASIS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT SEEKING ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL. COOPER LEGAL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ACTIONS TAKEN OR OMISSIONS BASED ON THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE.
THE CREATION OF THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP REQUIRES DIRECT PERSONAL CONTACT BETWEEN YOU AND COOPER LEGAL THROUGH ONE OR MORE ATTORNEYS, AN EXPLICIT AGREEMENT PROVIDED BY COOPER LEGAL THAT CONFIRMS THAT AN ATTORNEY- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED, AND TERMS OUTLINING THE DETAILS OF THAT RELATIONSHIP.
5. User Conduct. While using this website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and you hereby agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful or fraudulent purpose.
6. Accuracy of Website Content. Cooper Legal attempts to ensure that the information provided on this website is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this website may occasionally be out of date, inaccurate, or incomplete and Cooper Legal makes no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, or currentness of any information available on this website.
7. Cooper Legal's Proprietary Rights. This website is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. You may print a copy of any portion of the website for your personal, non-commercial use, but you may NOT copy or modify any portion of the website for any other purpose. Inclusion or incorporation of any portion of the website in another work, whether printed, electronic, or other form are expressly prohibited. In addition, inclusion or incorporation of any portion of this website in another website by linking, framing, or otherwise is expressly prohibited.
8. External Websites and Resources. This website may provide links to other websites or online resources. Cooper Legal is not responsible for and does not endorse those external websites or resources. Other websites may link to this website with or without our authorization, and Cooper Legal may block any links to or from those websites. YOUR USE OF EXTERNAL WEBSITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Cooper Legal is not responsible for the privacy, information, or other practices of any external websites or resources.
9. Limitations of Liability and Disclaimers. THIS WEBSITE, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND WE DISCLAIM ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THIS WEBSITE, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO (A) OBTAIN AND PAY FOR ANY SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING INTERNET CONNECTIVITY) NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THIS WEBSITE AND (B) ENSURE THAT ANY SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND SERVICES THAT YOU USE WILL FUNCTION CORRECTLY WITH THIS WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
COOPER LEGAL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE, NOR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. FURTHER, COOPER LEGAL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS TO STOP USING THIS WEBSITE.
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW FOR LIMITATIONS ON CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN DAMAGES; SOLELY TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LAW APPLIES, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. IF APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF A PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY SUCH PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR ANY OTHER MATTER, THEN SUCH PARTY’S LIABILITY WILL NOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH PROHIBITION UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
While Cooper Legal makes every attempt to maintain the security of this website, Cooper Legal does not guarantee that this website will be secure or that any use of this website will be uninterrupted. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to this website. If you become aware of any unauthorized third party alterations to this website, contact us at with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location of such materials at email@example.com.
10. Indemnification. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Cooper Legal from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of your use of, or activities in connection with, this website or any violation, by you, of this Agreement.
11. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Cooper Legal may, at any time and for any reason, terminate your access to or use of this website. If Cooper Legal terminates your access to this website, you will not have the right to bring claims against us or our affiliates with respect to such termination. Cooper Legal may take any steps that Cooper Legal believes are appropriate to enforce or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including our right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of this website or any third-party claim that your use of this website is unlawful or infringes such third party’s rights).
12. Contacting Us. If you have any questions or complaint regarding the content of this website, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email communications are not necessarily secure. Please do NOT transmit sensitive information or data in any email communications.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You hereby agree that this Agreement (and any claim or dispute arising in connection with this Agreement or your use of this website) is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the State of Maryland, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections thereto.
14. General Provisions. This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms that Cooper Legal posts on this website (including, without limitation, the Privacy and Cookies Policies) and, except as otherwise expressly stated herein, this Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Cooper Legal relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and us relating to such subject matter. This Agreement does not create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Cooper Legal. You may not assign, transfer, or sub-license any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Notices to you may be made via posting to this website, by email, or by regular mail, in our discretion. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision will not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provision. You agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings, based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Cooper Legal will not be responsible for failure to fulfill any obligation due to circumstances beyond our control.